Friday, May 17, 2013

Armando's

Stop 5 on the burger tour:  Armando's



Overall Score: 97.3(A+)


BurgerSidesService/ExpValueSCORE
John67.99.59.59.596
Russell709101099
Mark7099997

Russell

Armando's has been serving up great burgers since 1968 when you could get a burger for 85 cents.  Today they are still serving great burgers at a great price.  This has been the best burger on the tour so far and it is still a great value at only $4.15 for a cheeseburger.  And this cheeseburger is huge!!!
The meat was cooked perfectly and they are very generous with their toppings.  The meat was great, the bun was great, and the toppings were great.  I opted to get the tater tots which were excellent.  I also tried one of John's potato wedges.  These have also been the best side items on the tour so far.  The only negative about Armando's is having to stare at all of the Bama prints hanging on the wall.  Armando's is going to be very tough to beat.  I am ready to crown them the champions now, but we still have a lot more stops to go.  As John said, "we are on a *%$#&@ roll!!!!"   Overall Score: 99 (A+)

Mark

If I have ever been to Armando's, it's been so long ago that I don't remember ever going.  Needless to say I was pretty excited about today's trip.  The place is a typical burger joint.  I opted for the cheeseburger all-the-way and a side of fries.  You have to get your own drink, which is not a big deal, but will still cost them 1 point on my service score.  Our food arrived within 5 minutes of us sitting down.

Folks, if you go to Armando's for the burger, make sure you take plenty of appetite with you.  This burger is HUGE.  And tasty.  Great bun, the beef was cooked perfectly and the toppings were all fresh.  I think I had a full slice of onion on mine, which was fantastic.  The fries were more like potato wedges and were really good, although I prefer a more traditional french fry with my burger.  Overall, there aren't really any negatives at Armando's.  The atmosphere is great, the folks are friendly, the burger is championship caliber and the sides and service were way above average.  All of that AND it's a great value!   Armando's is certainly going to be one to beat.  Overall Score: 97(A+)

John

Gentlemen,     WE     ARE     ON    A    ROLL!   I'd like to give Armando’s (Main Street) a perfect score, but if there is one thing I have learned so far on this tour is it can get better and it has again this week.  So here goes.

I can't say the taste or the build of Charles' burger is any better than Shannan's:  perfectly cooked patty, cheese melted just so, crisp iceberg  lettuce—not the best for a salad (so I’ve heard; I would never eat one)—but you gotta have iceberg on a burger, fresh tomato and a thick slice of onion.  We must though give Armando  its due for a bigger burger and a tastier bun.  Going with a 9.7.

Hands down the wedge fries were the best we’ve had.  Yum, yum.  Tasty and delicious.  Sides get a 9.5.


Staff were really nice and attentive.  The place is perfect for our theme:  "Nothing fancy."  (In fact, I may have to lower my Tremont Tavern score for being too fancy.)  But I’m going to score the Dining Experience a little below Paddy’s, which has the neighborhood bar feel,  and Zarzour's, with its photos and red checkered tablecloths. Plus, although it didn’t offend me as much as it did Russell, I could do without all the Bama crap on the walls.   I’m ringing up a 9.5

Price was $8.58 so the value has to be the same as I gave Paddy's: 9.5.

Only real disappointment was the lemon—packets absolutely do NOT cut it.

I think we may be discovering that Chattanooga is the Burger Capital.

Overall Score: 96(A+)

Armando's Restaurant on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

  1. We have an Armando's out here in the Hixson/Dallas Bay area, and they have great burgers too: http://www.chattavore.com/2011/05/19/may-12-2011-armandos-chester-frost/ You guys should head out in this direction and try it some time! I love your scoring scale. Burgers are my favorite so I'll be consulting your page for recommendations on places I haven't tried yet!

    ReplyDelete